Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Thoughts


I keep waiting for all those comments to these posts to keep pouring in... I suppose if I updated this blog on a daily basis, I'd see more. But I did change the settings so you don't have to register to comment, so maybe that will help. Anyway, just some ramblings...
  • Happy Father's Day to all us dads out there...
  • Congratulations to all of the new graduates. Nephew Kevin will pick up his diploma from Claremont High tonight before heading over to the Epicenter to pitch in the Inland Valley All-Star Game, and then back to the all-night grad night festivities. Karli Moore was among the many who graduated from Upland High last night. Congratulations to her and to Sid's many friends in the Upland High graduating class, including Josh, Josh, Wes, Stu and the rest. And also cheers to young Graham Bell, who graduated from St. Marks School and is headed to Damien next year...
  • Cal State San Bernardino will hold its graduation this weekend, too, so I'll be hanging out on campus on Saturday...
  • With other college grads quickly flooding the job market, I'm glad Sid found some summer work teaching swim lessons over at the Claremont Club. He's a hard worker, when he wants to be...
  • Sam finishes his freshman year at Claremont High today, and the move to CHS has been great. He loves it there, and he has made many great friends. He had a strong season on the freshman baseball team, and he's enjoying playing on the Claremont American Legion team. It really is a good fit. I've loved re-connecting with my hometown more, too. It's been a good year. Today Sam plans on having a couple dozen Claremont kids over for an end-of-school party. It's kind of nice they'll make the journey over to Upland...
  • Claremont High administrators will have some tough decisions to make regarding a new varsity baseball coach, since Mike Lee's contract was not renewed. Mike did a lot of good for the program, but it was a losing proposition for him from the start. In the long run, it probably wasn't a good fit for either side. He's a good guy and a decent coach, but probably better suited for a different situation where the expectations -- and personalities -- are different...
  • Upland National Little League, like programs around the country, are in their championship weeks this week. The Braves have played in the championship game in each of the past eight years, having won five of those. This is also their 10th straight year in the playoffs, which is pretty remarkable. Good luck to Manager Dick Chapman and crew as the Braves try to make it nine years in a row in the title game...
  • I get too frustrated and stressed watching the Lakers, but you can bet I'll be paying attention as much as I can. Go Lakers!...
  • I wish the Dodgers would start hitting with consistency. It's been a frustrating season so far, but they are still only 3 1/2 games out of first behind Arizona.

Is anybody reading?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm reading this site. New bar in Claremont next to the theater. The Back Abbey, beer, wine and food.

SidR said...

Hey anonymous, thanks for reading... and I saw a note about the Back Abbey. I think a visit is in order.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so, in the spirit of friendship, I thought I would give this a try. Great blog, and yes, I'm reading. In terms of the kids' achievements, it probably makes sense to send congrats to all those out there with kids including those who used think of themselves as 'the boys'. I'm sure there are so many successes that we don't hear about. It is fun, though, to hear/read about the athletic achievements. Though I'll have a Cal bias, I'll be watching for Mr. Brehaut and scan the web for info on Kevin Bosson. I'm sure it's a thrill for Dan and Dave.

wick said...

Hey Sid,
I'm going to assume you had a "Great party Sid."
Happy 50th, Late. Would really like to get together again sometime. Great Blog.